Thursday, August 29, 2013

Tips for Removing a Double Sided (Louboutin) Manicure

Ever since this OMG Viper Louboutin Manicure, I've gotten a lot of questions regarding the removal of it. I've done a tutorial on how to create a Louboutin manicure, but never realized so many of you would be worried about removing it. To save myself from having to explain, I thought it would be easier to just show you...

Supplies:
  • Acetone or polish remover (I use my own remover which just happens to be in a pure acetone bottle that is in this photo)
  • Cotton  or felt squares. Felt is a bit sturdier and what I always use for my polish removal. You can see how I make my felt pieces here...
  • An orange stick or something sturdy and thin to wrap the felt around
  • A cleanup brush. This is the same one I use for my manicure cleanup

Steps:


Instructions:
  1. Remove the polish off the top of the nail as usual
  2. Wrap a piece of felt around an orange stick and place underneath the nail. Hold it there for a few seconds to dissolve the polish and then gently rub back and forth to remove the polish. Re-position the orange stick to a clean area on the felt (or take a new piece) and repeat as necessary.
  3. Optional: As you can see the nail is pretty much clean, but if there are some spots you can't get to with the orange stick, take a brush soaked in acetone and run along the underside of the nail.
All done! Nakie nails :)

Although there are a lot of photos here, it really is fairly easy to remove the polish under the nail. I might add it is much easier than removing glitter off the top of the nail ;)

When doing a Louboutin manicure, make sure to use a non-staining red polish. As you can imagine, it would be much trickier to remove if the polish stained the skin...

Okay, I think that about covers it, I hope you find this useful. Let me know if I missed something or you have questions!!

P.S. The green polish is Zoya Giovanna, the last thing I swatched last night. The red is OPI Danke-Shiny Red. Totally unintentional, but looks like a perfect Holiday Louboutin mani. I'll have to keep that in mind when December rolls around :)

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

3 comments:

  1. I often wanted to do a Louboutin mani but was afraid of the removal. I see now that it's not too difficult to remove. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also never wanted to do this but I knew I wouldn't have the patients for the removal. It doesn't looks that hard, so I will give it a go. Thanks for the tips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies! I hope you do give the Louboutin manicure a try! It truly is not that difficult to remove! Just don't use anything that stains or with glitter since obviously those will be more of a pain! <3

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...