Thursday, June 9, 2011

LA Colors Color Craze - Orange

I was so excited last night when I came home to find that I have 101 followers and sweet number 100 left a little note letting me know that she pushed me over into triple digits! Now there is 103!!! Thanks so much to everyone for following my blog! :)

OK, getting back to the task at hand... Day six of LA Colors Shimmer Brights manicures led me to this bright orange. Now I love orange, I even painted a bathroom at my parent's house a bright orange like this (back when I still lived there), but something about wearing an orange like this that just doesn't sit well with me. I think it is is just me though because I love it on other people! Perfect example being my friend Anna (from Snacking in the Kitchen) and her manicure from girl's night this past weekend...

This orange is very sheer, it took four coats to get it to cover up the nail line, but even then it was still visible. I will definitely layer an opaque orange under this one next time...



Outside in the sun, the shimmer was great! It even made me think that maybe it does look decent on me and I'm wrong... :P



I love the combo of orange with black or dark gray so I stamped it with Zoya Kelly using Bundle Monster plate BM-225. It looked like lace to me, but my boyfriend insisted it looked like amber with little bugs trapped inside :D


Something was still missing, so I added matching tips in Zoya Kelly. There is just something about adding tips to a stamped manicure that seems to complete the look for me. What do you think, does it look better with the tips or without?



Here is the plate that was abused in the process... I only kid of course, no plates were harmed in the making of this manicure :)

In hindsight I should have done a tiger print over this one! It think it would have been grrrreat... hehehe... also the perfect color for Halloween, as I look at it more... :)

Brand: LA Colors
Line: Color Craze
Collection: Simmer Brights
Color Name/Number: ??? (calling it Orange)

Toluene, Formaldehyde & DBP free!

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

2 comments:

  1. First time commenter here, hiii!

    I'm with your boyfriend on this one, it does look like bugs trapped in amber. And I think it looks amazing :) But somehow better without the tips, weird, because usually I'm all for tips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like it :)
    I'm still torn tips or no tips.. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...