Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Formaldehyde in the News!

If you have not already, it may be time to purge your polish collection. Formaldehyde has officially been added to the list of known carcinogens (as opposed to just suspecting) by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. You can read more about it in this article or just search current news!

I have started going through mine and stumbled on some that claim to be B3F, but list Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin as an ingredient. This got me a bit confused, but after a quick search I learned that the resin is formed by a reaction between toluenesulfonamide and formaldehyde. The resin product that is commonly used in nail polish is considered safe and approved by both the FDA and the European Union for use in cosmetics. You can read more information about it here!


So will you be getting rid of any favorites?

Thanks for reading!
Anutka

6 comments:

  1. No, I don't care about it at all :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won't be getting rid of any, but I did decide to not use the UV lamp at the salon ever again because it was linked to cancer in 3 women who consistently got their nails done with the UV lamps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I worry about these things. If I only did my nails occasionally, I probably wouldn't worry as much, but I do them almost every day so better safe than sorry :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Poetic, yes stay away from UV lamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to die from something.. and I refuse to throw away my cosmetics LOL

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...