Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Color Fever Angel

A lot of boggers are part of the "On Wednesday We Wear Pink" club. I'm not officially a member (I don't own that many pink polishes), but I thought I'd join in the fun this week. Angel from the Color Fever line by Petites is a very pale pink. In some light it almost borders on white with a hint of pink. Very pretty :) I decided to accent it with with an Essence sticker I got on my trip to Ulta. The black just pops against the crisp clean pink.



Here it is outside, it was overcast and drizzling a bit...



This took 3 coats to get it opaque. I had to apply it veeeeerrrry carefully because it tended to drag the color from the previous layers leaving bald spots. In the end it did come out looking smooth :)

I also applied a top coat to get it nice and shiny. The ring finger got two layers of top coat, but this may have done more harm than good. I was hoping that it would smooth out the sticker and make it flush with the nail, but instead the sticker seemed to warp and sink into the polish. Since I have never used these stickers before I don't know who to blame, the sticker or the extra topcoat. I have a sneaky suspicion that it was the extra topcoat, but I will have to play around with the stickers some more to know for sure!


Has this happened to you before?

Brand:
Collection:
Color Name/Number:

Thanks for reading! :)
Anutka

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...