Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Borghese Mezzanotte Blue

Hope every one had a good Memorial Day yesterday! I was a little slow in the morning getting ready and ran out of time to make a post before going to work. I was hoping the day would stay nice and slow, but it was not meant to be...

So yesterday I wore Mezzanotte Blue from Borghese. Was toying with the idea of doing something red, white and blue for memorial day, but decided to play it safe for work. Mezzanotte Blue is a blackened navy blue. This is just about the only type of blue that looks good on me (or maybe I'm just not used to wearing other blues...). The bottle color is beautiful, however, the color on the nail comes darker than the bottle color. Indoors it looks black 99% of the time. I applied three thin coats even though it was opaque after two. I added the third one to even things out and topped it off with a top coat.

My camera for some reason had the hardest time focusing on this color...



I wished that I had taken a picture when I had just one coat on because then you can really see the blue, so I swatched it on a color wheel. You can see it starts out a pretty navy blue, but by coat #2 it is practically black!

Here it is outside, still really dark. Can you see the blue in the bottle?


I'm still wearing this one today because I ran out of acetone (tragic, I know... lol) and I am not about to try to take this off with anything else. This polish bleeds into the cuticles like crazy! So rather than doing a new mani today I'm off to buy some acetone :D

Another thing about Borghese polishes, for those of you that have not tried them before, is that they have a double wide brush. I know a lot of people don't like this, but I actually do like their brushes. My nails are fairly wide and can easily accommodate a wider brush. That is not the case with everyone tough...

What do you guys think of this color?

Brand: Borghese
Collection: main line
Color Name/Number: B360 Mezzanotte Blue

Tolulene, DBP and Formaldehyde free

P.S. I can't believe I have 76 followers now! You girls are awesome!!! :D

Thanks for reading my little ramblings!
Anutka :)

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful colour! Running out of remover and cotton pads equals nightmare for me (I have a good stock of remover, but only about 5 pads left!). Congratulations on your followers, you deserve them all, your blog is fantastic! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ran out of acetone?! Oh no!

    I agree that this would be better if it stayed blue on the nail. I do like it for making frankens, though, because it's so pigmented a little goes a long way in adding a touch of blue to my creations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @The Nail Buff, I thought I had plenty, but I must be going through it a lot more now.. will have to stock up :D

    @Karen, Thanks so much for the tip! I will try it for the frankens... didn't even think about it :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've never tried any polishes from this brand because none of them ever stuck out to me, but this is so beautiful! it looks great on you, it would be so pretty in the falltime :) nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Caitlin!
    It would be perfect for fall, but since it is 54 degrees and raining here, it still feels like fall... :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...